Crime & Criminal Justice
- Bureau of Justice Statistics
Statistics on federal crime trends, trends in felony convictions in State courts, corrections trends, expenditure trends, and civil justice trends provided by the United States Department of Justice. Offers access to the Sourcebook of Criminal Justice Statistics.
- Corrections Connection Network
Comprehensive news site dealing with prison and parole issues, including jobs available across the country.
For information on reporting Computer, Internet-Related, or Intellectual Property Crime from the United States Department of Justice
- Long Island Frequencies & Scanning Information
Provides a listing of public service frequencies in Suffolk and Nassau counties, including the police, emergency, transportation, and more.
- National Center for Victims of Crime
The nation's leading resource and advocacy organization for crime victims. They have worked with thousands of grassroots organizations and criminal justice agencies across the country serving millions of crime victims.
- National Criminal Justice Reference Service Justice Information Center
NCJRS is a federally funded resource offering justice, substance abuse, and victim assistance information to support research, policy, and program development worldwide. Administered by the United States Department of Justice.
- New York State Department of Correctional Services Inmate Information
A searchable database of everyone sentenced to New York State prison since the early 1970's, except youthful offenders and those who have had their convictions set aside by a court.
- New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services
Enhances public safety with community resources and law enforcement information, such as the NYS Sex Offender Registry and county crime statistics.
- Suffolk County Police Department
The official site of the SCPD. Provides department information and up-to-date press releases.
- United States Federal Bureau of Investigation
Official website of the FBI. Provides bureau information, web resources, news, local contact information, uniform crime statistics, and the Most Wanted lists. FBI is an agency of the United States Department of Justice.
- United States Federal Bureau of Prisons - Inmate Locator
A searchable database of Federal inmates incarcerated from 1982 to present. FBP is an agency of the United States Department of Justice.