Libraries & Archives
- Long Island Division -- Local History Collection at the Queens Library
The Long Island Division of the Queens Borough Public Library collects, preserves, and makes available resources that document the social, economic, and political history of the four counties on Long Island - Kings (Brooklyn), Queens, Nassau, and Suffolk.
- New York Public Library: The Irma and Paul Milstein Division of United States History, Local History and Genealogy
Has a selective list of resources available to family historians at The New York Public Library.
- New York State Library Genealogy
Contains the descriptions of the New York State Library's genealogical resources for researchers who are planning a trip to the Library.
- Patchogue-Medford Library
The library sponsors family history programs and bus trips. Announcements on upcoming events can be found on their webpage.
- United States National Archives
A website that provides information on federal records (census, military and naturalization records) that are helpful in genealogical research.