Careers & Employment
- Career book collection
- Occupational Directories
- Occupational Briefs
- New York State and Suffolk County Civil Service Job and Test Announcements
- Career-related magazines and periodicals
- Online Databases
On the Workstation computers, there is a software packages to assist you in writing your resume:
- Resume Maker Professional
Some Educational Resources Include:
- Catalogs for local college and universities
- College directories
- Directories of trade schools
- Financial aid resources
- SAT, ACT, and GED study books, audio and DVDs
- Civil service applications and test guides
Job Search Assistance &
Get the advice and support you need in this difficult job market. Our career counselor, Roberta Keyes, offers friendly, confidential assistance with career choices, questions and problems. Mrs. Keyes will also help you to:
- Assess your skills, strengths and interests.
- Develop a strategic job search plan.
- Write effective and appropriate resumes and cover letters that will provide prospective employers with a clear picture of how you can contribute to their bottom line.
- Become a “Networking Pro.”
- Locate and research prospective employers.
- Learn about retraining and educational programs.
- Find out about upcoming civil service examinations and positions.
To help insure maximum results in your job search efforts, call 567-5079 for an appointment to meet with Mrs. Keyes.
This service is available to Connetquot Public Library district residents only.