The Summer Reading Club Programs are offered to district children as an incentive to read for pleasure and recreation.
Begins on Monday, June 16.
Last day to register for the club is Monday, July 21.
Reading records will be accepted starting Monday, June 30 through Wednesday, July 30.
Children from birth to their 35th month.
Bright ScientistsChildren entering 3rd through 5th grade in September.
Come experiment with different books and see what you can discover. For every three books (up to 9) you read, you’ll earn a prize, including an invitation to the celebration starring National Circus Project on Wednesday, August 6 at 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. Explore any book that interests you and brightens up your imagination.
Children 3 years old through entering Kindergarten
Spark a Reaction
Students entering 6th through 12th grade in September.
Mad GeniusesChildren entering 1st through 2nd grade in September.
Ooze into a good book this summer at your public library. For every five books (up to 15) you read, you’ll earn a prize, including an invitation to the celebration starring National Circus Project on Wednesday, August 6 at 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. You may choose any book to read on your mad science adventure!
- Reading Records will not be accepted on the day of the celebrations.
- The reading club celebrations are intended as rewards for the children who have completed the club requirements. Please
do not ask that a child be admitted who has not completed the club.
- Please note that the celebrations for the Booming Babies and the Dynamite Discoverers clubs will be combined.
- The invitation to the Booming Babies and the Dynamite Discovererscelebrations will admit the registered child and adult
caregiver(s) only. No siblings, older or younger, may attend unless they too are registered in the club and have fulfilled its
- Please note that the celebrations for the Mad Geniuses and the Bright Scientists clubs will be combined.
- The invitation for the Mad Geniuses, Bright Scientistsand the Spark a Reaction clubs will admit only the
registered child who has completed club requirements. These children are expected to attend without an adult caregiver.
Older and younger siblings, relatives or friends may not attend unless they too are registered and have fulfilled the