The Summer Reading Club Programs are offered to district youngsters as an incentive to read for pleasure and recreation.
Begins on Monday, June 17.
Last day to register for the club is Monday, July 22.
Reading records will be accepted starting Monday, July 8 through Wednesday, July 31.
Children from birth to their 35th month.
Junior BookworksChildren entering 3rd through 5th grade in September.
Inch your way through a variety of books
and see what discoveries you uncover. For every three books you read (up to nine) you’ll earn a prize, including an invitation to the celebration, PetraPuppet’s “Can You Dig It?” on Wednesday, August 7 at 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. Choose any book that interests you and dig right in!
Children 3 years old through entering Kindergarten
Beneath the Surface
Students entering 6th through 12th grade in September.
Treasure HuntersChildren entering 1st through 2nd grade in September.
Go treasure hunting this summer at your public library and dig up some wonderful books to read. For every five books (up to 15) you read, you’ll earn a prize, including an invitation to the celebration, PetraPuppet’s “Can You Dig It?” on Wednesday, August 7 at 11:00 a.m. or 1:00 p.m. You may choose any book to explore on your treasure hunting adventures!
- Reading Records will not be accepted on the day of the celebrations.
- The reading club celebrations are intended as rewards for the children who have completed the club requirements. Please
do not ask that a child be admitted who has not completed the club.
- Please note that the celebrations for the Baby Burrowers and the Dazzling Dinosaurs clubs will be combined.
- The invitation to the Baby Burrowers and the Dazzling Dinosaurs celebrations will admit the registered child and adult
caregiver(s) only. No siblings, older or younger, may attend unless they too are registered in the club and have fulfilled its
- Please note that the celebrations for the Treasure Hunters and the Junior Bookworms clubs will be combined.
- The invitation for the Treasure Hunters, Junior Bookworms and the Beneath the Surface clubs will admit only the
registered child who has completed club requirements. These children are expected to attend without an adult caregiver.
Older and younger siblings, relatives or friends may not attend unless they too are registered and have fulfilled the